Bare essentials: Get advice/create resources
As well as for working with learners. the Staff Diversity Diary can be a great starting point for workforce diversity too, so download your copy:
Plus, we've a growing collection of sector workforce equalities information and resources that we invite you to contribute to by joining the Equalitiestoolkit Crowd.
You'll find great practical resources such as TeachDifferent: The Diversity Programme case study among the Skills Funding Agency funded equality and diversity projects as well as links embedded in these workforce equality pages and a small curated collection of peer reviewed resources that are recommended to you as effective practice.
We refuse to re-invent the wheel
A key principle of this EqualitiesToolkit website is that we won't re-invent the equalities wheel. We recognise, value, respect, support and draw on the expertise of others working and campaigning in the areas of human rights, equality, diversity and social mobility. So that we can all benefit from their expertise and activism when we know that someone else has a helpline/website/YouTube channel/resources/ campaign or tweets or blogs then we will signpost you to them first. Where there are different perspectives and points of view we'll signpost you to them. Where there are gaps (perhaps specific to the education and training sector) we'll ask and invite them to comment or collaborate with us.
Useful links to equalities websites (A-Z order) based on good reviews and recommendations from the education and training sector that we have edited and updated below:
- AFAN: All faiths and none
- Equality Challenge Unit (ECU)
- Equality and Human Rights commission (EHRC)
- European Commission - Employment, Social Affairs and Equal Opportunities
- Forum for Sexual Orientation and Gender Identity Equality in Post-School Education
- Gender Identity Research and Education Society
- Government Equalities Office
- Mental Health in Further Education (MHFE)
- National Council of Faith and Beliefs in Further Education
- Race Equality Implementation Group (formerly known as Workforce Race Advisory Group)
- Women's Leadership Network